Sanitation Crew Lead
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Sanitation crews maintain a high level of Food Safety and Product Quality through the cleaning and sanitation of food processing equipment, utensils, and facilities. The sanitation lead must lead their crew through the process while documenting completion and ensuring all reporting is done on a nightly basis. The lead must be detail oriented, well documented with the work their crew does, and able to spot issues and immediately address them.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
*Data tracking and recording
*Know the high standards of sanitation and assist in making sure they are met
*Be somewhat familiar with seafood processing equipment, or be able to learn quickly
*Follow and give directions
- Upon rollover of employment you become eligible for Union based pay increases, benefits, 401k, and regulations.
- Permanent hourly rate (after probation period) is negotiated at the time of permanent job offer
- Based on performance, attendance, and proficiency in training
High school diploma or GED
- Able to bend, twist & turn, reach over head, and lift with ease
- Able to communicate in English both verbal and nonverbal
- Bi-Lingual is a PLUS!
- Experience leading a small crew successfully is a plus!
- Comfortable working in a cold environment
- Lift up to 50lbs safely
This company has a training requirement of all it's employees during the probation period. The reason the hourly pay is low during the training period is;
1. You are learning the facility operations, procedures, and job duty requirements
2. You are being trained by a trainer that is taking time away from their schedule to invest in your success
3. Statistically it takes a new employee approximately 30 days to learn a new job, and another 30 days to become proficient in it enough to be able to be work alone
4. Probation periods should be viewed as working interviews. This is the period you show your work ethic, what you bring to the table, your attendance and commitment to your agreement
to perform the job as per the job description, and overall show the type of employee the company hired for their business.
At the end of your probation period, upon being offered a permanent position with them, you enter wage negotiations. These negotiations include;
Attendance: were you on time every day, did you work your full shift, did you take time off or call out, etc (it is advisable that you DON'T call out or take time off during any probation period)
Performance: Did you learn the job quickly, did your job competencies come out in your work, and what kinds of marks did you leave on your trainers and supervisors?
So, this is why the pay is lower to start. Prove yourself during the first 60 days and then negotiate your final hourly wage accordingly.
About LaborMAX Staffing:
At LaborMAX, our focus is always on doing the right thing for our clients, partners, and field team members. We also focus on putting the right people in the right job. With more than 105 branches in 31 states nationwide (and growing), you will never need to look far for a partner you can trust.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Fast response
- On time
- Your one-stop shop
We care about helping you reach your goals, whether you are a veteran looking to transition to the civilian workforce, or your organization needs to rapidly expand its workforce.
How to Apply:
- Call/Text us: 360-755-1281
- Message us on Facebook: @labormaxburlington
LaborMAX Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer