Wage: $10.50 Hourly
Want to join our team? We Are Hiring Package Handlers For Our AM Shift
Monday: 4am to 10am*
Tuesday & Wednesday 5:30am to 10am*
Thursday and Friday 6am to 10am*
PM shifts are typically from 4 or 5PM to 9-10PM
Saturday mornings are required during peak season.
• All shifts will end when the sort is complete, which may be after 10am.
Package Handlers offload and sort incoming packages for distribution and/or prepare outgoing freight for delivery by performing the following duties.
• Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
• Offload all inbound freight for distribution.
• Sort packages according to destination by sort code.
• Check for incorrect zip codes and destination codes to prevent missorted packages.
• Examine appearance of outgoing packages for damage.
• Load all sorted freight on outbound trucks.
• Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
• Are eligible for sick pay, after completion of an eligibility period
• Are eligible to participate in the 401k program, after completion of specific criteria
• Are eligible for $.50 pay increases within the first six months of employment and every six months after, up to two years
• Are eligible for a $100 referral bonus, after completion of specific criteria
• Have access to online medical care through Teledoc, $15 copay
• Have the opportunity to advance and transfer within the company!
Candidates must successfully complete all pre-employment screenings, which include physical, lift test, drug test, and background check. Candidates must have the ability to read and understand English and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
The physical activity associated with this position is considered high. The employee will regularly lift, push, pull and/or move items up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old, possess valid identification, and be able to pass a TSA screening.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
This is a safety sensitive position
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org