Straight Box Truck Driver - NON CDL
1299 Boltonfiled Street Columbus, Ohio 43228 | Contract To Hire
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving to deliver material and the loading and unloading of material within a pre-determined driving schedule.
- Staging product onto the truck for delivery.
- Maintains truck, performs daily pre-trip inspections and provides minor maintenance on truck if needed.Reports and mechanical or maintenance related issues that need to be repaired to the Plant Manager.
- Processes paperwork including, but not limited to; tickets, bills of lading, customer signed receipts and COD handling when specified.
- • Communicates any customer service issues addressed at the job site to the Plant Manager.
- May be required to work Warehouse positions between scheduled deliveries.
- All other duties as assigned. Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires 1 year verifiable experience driving a straight truck (26’ box truck, manual transmission)
- Ability to pass a Driver Background Check
- Ability to meet all DOT regulations needed to receive and maintain a med card, required. Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Deal with difficult customers
- Mechanical abilities
- Work under pressure
- Map reading abilities