Recreational Vehicle (RV) Technician
3015 W. McMillian Road , Suite 107 Meridian, ID 83646
Diagnose, inspect, adjust, repair, or overhaul recreational vehicles including travel trailers.
Duties may include maintaining electrical, plumbing, as well as repairing generators, appliances, and interior components.
- Locate and repair frayed wiring, broken connections, or incorrect wiring.
- Repair electrical circuits or wiring.
- Connect electrical systems to power sources and activate switches to test the operation of appliances or light fixtures.
- Repair plumbing or propane gas lines, using caulking compounds and plastic or copper pipe.
- Repair pipes to stop leaking.
- Inspect completed work to ensure proper functioning.
- Connect water hoses to inlet pipes of plumbing systems and test operation.
- Repair defective engines or engine components.
- Inspect, repair, or replace brake systems.
- Inspect mechanical components of vehicles to identify problems.
- Repair worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
- Diagnose and repair furnace or air conditioning systems.
- Remove damaged exterior panels and repair and replace structural frame members.
- Refinish wood or metal surfaces.
- Seal gaps or cracks to prevent leakage or moisture intrusion
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to lift and handle heavy objects and machinery
- Good manual dexterity and balance while working off the ground.
- The ability to periodically lift in excess of 50lbs.
- Mechanical, electrical and electronics aptitude; troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good communication, organizational and learning skills.
- The desire to upgrade and learn new skills as technology advances.
- The ability to work independently and as a team member.
- A desire to be challenged with a variety of tasks that are rarely repetitious in nature.